Some useful advice and tips that could hope prevent the virus from spreading and harming more people.
Below is a transcript from a Doctor in Spain who has information from tests and autopsies from China on coronavirus patients.
The Chinese medical experts now understand the behaviour of the covid 19 virus after carrying out autopsies. This virus is characterised by obstructing respiratory pathways with thick mucus that solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. They have discovered that to apply medicine they have to open and unblock the airways so treatment can be used and take effect. However, all of this takes a number of days. Their recommendations for what you can do to safeguard yourself are:
- Drink lots of hot liquids, coffee, soups, teas, warm water.
- Take a sip of warm water every 20 minutes because this keeps your mouth moist and washes any of the virus in your mouth into your stomach where the gastric juices can neutralise it before it can get to the lungs.
- Gargle with an anti-septic in warm water like vinegar, salt or lemon. Every day if possible.
- The virus attaches itself to hair and clothes. Any detergent or soap kills it, but you must take a bath or shower when you get in from the street. Avoid sitting down anywhere, go straight to the bathroom or shower. If you can not wash your clothes daily then hang them in direct sunlight which also neutralises the virus.
- Wash metallic surfaces very carefully because the virus can remain viable on these surfaces for up to 9 days. Take note and be vigilant about touching hand rails and door handles etc. Regularly wipe down such items in your own home.
- Don’t smoke.
- Thoroughly wash your hands every 20 minutes using any soap that foams. Do this for 20 seconds.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Try to elevate your zinc levels, not just your vitamin C levels.
- Animals do not spread the virus to people. This is person to person transmission.
- Try to avoid getting the common flu as this will already weaken your system. Try to avoid drinking and eating cold things.
- If you feel any discomfort in your throat or feel a sore throat coming on, deal with it immediately using the above methods. The virus enters the system this way and remains for 3 or 4 days in the throat before it passes into the lungs.
All of the above is credible advice and can do no harm. Please take care.